Take a ride through Wonder Mountain on Thunder Run, a unique powered roller coaster! Instead of a traditional chain lift hill, the train has an electric motor.
Riders board 4-person cars that look like an antique train and travel the winding track through Wonder Mountain twice per ride cycle. Inside the mountain, the darkness adds an element of suspense as riders are left anticipating what's to come, making this popular roller coaster a favourite of guests of all ages.
- This ride was one of the original 26 rides located on-site when the Park opened in 1981 but it went by the name Blauer Enzian and was located in a different area of the Park.
- It relocated to its current location in Wonder Mountain in 1986.
Guests must be 46" tall to ride alone OR 40" tall and accompanied by a supervising companion.
Rider Safety Information
- Min Height Accompanied
- Min Height Alone
- A steel roller coaster themed to a runaway mine train weaves through Wonder Mountain with a series of high speed banked turns. Riders will experience rapid movements from side to side and prolonged moments of darkness.
- A shared lap bar and seatbelt secures all riders in the row across the thighs and pelvis.
- Guests must have a minimum of three functioning extremities.
- Two functioning arms are sufficient instead of three functioning extremities if the guest has a normal centre of gravity and lower extremities are sufficiently strong to maintain proper riding posture under the dynamic conditions of the ride. Amputations must be at the knee or below.
- Guests with a cervical collar, neck brace, broken collar bone, full arm cast, braced arm cast, or full leg cast are not permitted to ride.
- Alternate access is available at the ride exit to the right. Riders will have to transfer into the seat, on their own or with the assistance of a companion.
- Please do not use the ride restraints for support while entering and exiting, as they will shift.
- WARNING: This ride contains strobe lighting.
- Visit our Guest Assistance Guide for additional accessibility information.