Riders will enjoy the thrills of this steel coaster as it travels around Wonder Mountain, reaching speeds of 80km/h. Vortex is a suspended roller coaster, where riders are taken up through the top of the mountain and dropped at high speeds, plunging down towards the body of water below, narrowly missing it. This is one of the many great rides in the FAST LANE lineup.
- Trains climb the lift hill to 98 feet (30M) on Wonder Mountain, then travel at speeds reaching 80km/hour in cars suspended on overhead track which allows each one to swing independently.
- The Park’s first suspended coaster; opened in 1991.
- One of 3 roller coasters that interact with Wonder Mountain; the others being Thunder Run and Wonder Mountain's Guardian.
- 2 trains travels over water and grassy hills in one of the most scenic rides at the Park.
- One of the fastest roller coasters of its kind in the world.
Guests must be 48" tall to ride.
Rider Safety Information
- Min Height
- A suspended steel roller coaster with a combination of high speed banked turns. Riders will experience weightlessness and rapid movements from side to side.
- A shoulder harness secures each rider over the head and across the chest.
- Due to the nature of the restraint, this ride may not accommodate guests of a larger size.
- Guests must have a minimum of two functioning extremities; one functioning arm and one functioning leg.
- Two functioning arms are sufficient instead of one functioning arm and one functioning leg if the guest is able to form a saddle posture with leg remnants sufficient to brace self upright in the seat against the shoulder harness.
- Guests with a cervical collar, neck brace, broken collar bone, full arm cast, braced arm cast, or full leg cast are not permitted to ride.
- Alternate access is available at the ride exit to the left. Riders will have to transfer into the seat, on their own or with the assistance of a companion.
- Please do not use the ride restraints for support while entering and exiting, as they will shift.
- Visit our Guest Assistance Guide for additional accessibility information.