This attraction is currently closed. See the mobile app for open Canada’s Wonderland and Splash Works attractions.
Riptide takes riders for a rip on two giant gondolas, spinning and rotating them 360 degrees while raising and lowering towards a fountain that's sure to soak everyone! A great way to cool off on a hot summer day. This is one of the many great rides in the FAST LANE lineup.
- A great way to cool off on a hot summer day.
- Originally named “Cliffhanger” – renamed in 2007.
- Similar spinning motion to the ride Shockwave, also found at Canada's Wonderland.
Guests must be 54" tall to ride.
Rider Safety Information
- Min Height
- A thrill ride that takes riders to a height of 48 feet in gondolas that lock in order to hold riders upside down, and unlock to send riders into 360 degree loops. Riders will experience weightlessness and rapidly changing forces and direction. On warmer days, water effects spray the gondolas, and riders will get wet.
- A shoulder harness with a between-the-legs safety belt secures each rider over the head and across the chest.
- Due to the nature of the restraint, this ride may not accommodate guests of a larger size.
- Guests must have a minimum of two functioning extremities; one functioning arm and one functioning leg. Due to manufacturer requirements, a prosthetic is not a substitute for an amputation at this ride.
- Two functioning arms are sufficient instead of one functioning arm and one functioning leg if the guest has a normal centre of gravity and lower extremities are sufficiently strong to support weight against the restraint under the dynamic conditions of the ride. Amputations must be at the knee or below.
- Guests with a cervical collar, neck brace, broken collar bone, full arm cast, braced arm cast, or full leg cast are not permitted to ride.
- Guests with any prosthesis must consult with Guest Services prior to waiting in line or riding.
- Alternate access is available at the ride exit to the right. Riders will have to take several steps, on their own or with the assistance of a companion, and be capable of elevating themselves up into the seat.
- Please do not use the ride restraints for support while entering and exiting, as they will shift.
- Visit our Guest Assistance Guide for additional accessibility information.