It’s the most magical time of the year and what better way to get into the holiday spirit than by visiting the brand new WinterFest? Seeing the park transform into a magical winter wonderland is mesmerizing! I have already begun my countdown to opening day - November 22nd. But because this is a new event, and there’s so much to see and do, I thought to give you some insider tips on what this event is and what it will feature.
WinterFest is sure to be one of the country’s most spectacular winter events, featuring more than five million holiday lights, festive décor, and three, 50-foot-tall Christmas trees.
THERE WILL BE MORE THAN 30 CHRISTMAS ACTIVITIES AND ATTRACTIONS AT WINTERFEST INCLUDING:
- Ice skating on Snow Flake Lake in front of the iconic Wonder Mountain
- Each ice skating time is 30 minutes and the sessions and can be booked online in advance. Bookings are on a first-come, first-served basis.
Skating is free for those guests who bring their own skates. However, in order to guarantee your skating spot you can book online in advance for a fee. Otherwise, skating times are booked in person on a first-come, first-served basis. .
- Nightly tree-lighting ceremony
- Join us at 5:30 pm each night for our upbeat song-and-dance spectacular as we light our two 50-foot-tall trees in front of Snow Flake Lake.
- Interactive attractions like cookie decorating with Mrs. Claus
- The only person who makes cookies better than mom is Mrs. Claus, and she invites you to stop by and decorate your very own delicious cookie creations. *Additional Charge Activity
- St. Nick’s Pics
- Families and children can take photographs with Saint Nicholas, a.k.a. Santa Claus, as he visits Wonderland.
- Photos with Santa are free if you're taking a picture with your phone. The only charge is for a printed or digital copy that our photographers take.
- Sally’s Christmas Crafts where you can create your own take-home keepsake
- Writing letters to Santa at the North Pole Post Office
- Select family rides will also be open (pending weather conditions)
WINTERFEST WILL FEATURE EIGHT WHIMSICAL THEMED WORLDS
(Make sure to have your camera ready for all the amazing photo ops!)
EXPECT LOTS OF LIVE, HOLIDAY ENTERTAINMENT
- Cool Yule Christmas: This high-energy, fun-filled show covers all your favourite Christmas pop songs.
- Tinker’s Toy Factory: This upbeat musical tells the story of Tinker the elf, who has to deal with some sudden changes in Santa’s Workshop that put his beloved old-fashioned toy-making in jeopardy.
- What the Dickens?! Our cast performs their version of the holiday classic ‘A Christmas Carol’.
- Jingle Jazz: Groups of carolers from the Dickensian period perform jazz renditions of holiday songs as they serenade all along the midways.
- Midway Merriment: Meet and interact with winter characters like Jack Frost and his nieces Snowflake and Tinsel, the Gingerbread Man, the Sugar Plum Fairy, and the three ghosts who haunt Mr. Scrooge.
- A PEANUTS™ Guide to Christmas: Join Charlie Brown and the gang in this enjoyable sing-along celebrating the most wonderful time of the year!
- The Mistletones
- Four Drummers Drumming
- Holly Jolly Trolley
- Merry Merrionettes
- Roaming Brass Band
- Polar Party
AND DON’T FORGET THE TASTY, FESTIVE FOOD OPTIONS
Some of the food venues will include:
- Festive Funnel Cakes and Churros
- Festive flavours include: Gingerbread Funnel Cake | Candy Cane Funnel Cake |Eggnog Funnel Cake | Classic Funnel Cakes
- Candy Cane Café
- Delightful concoctions including Festive Pull‑A‑Part Bread, Cheesecake Bites in a Waffle Cone and Hot Chocolate
- Marketplace Festive Feast
- Holiday meals fit for the Big Man himself including Turkey Dinner, Holiday Sausage and Hot/Cold
- North Pole Treats
- Serving up a delicious festival of treats from several different cultures!
- The Cider House
- King’s Feast
- Sugar Bush Waffle & Dairy Bar
- Merry Mountainside Bakery & Café
- Ice Wine Garden
Step into a world of festive fun at WinterFest! WinterFest and will be open select nights Nov. 22 until Dec. 31. For calendar and hours please click here!
Buy your tickets today!