Riders will speed through back-to-back turns and spirals before suddenly dropping into the massive open 18 ft. (5.5 m) funnel, driving up the wall before sliding on to the next funnel.
- Riders can ride a single tube on one of Typhoon’s two slides. In between each funnel, riders move through fast-paced flumes, some of which are enclosed and darkened.
- Each ride on Typhoon is unique as riders oscillate back and forth in each funnel until momentum subsides. The dynamics of the funnels may even allow your tube to travel backwards!
- Typhoon was the first of its kind in Canada.
- Typhoon uses the “Tornado 18” ride system from Ontario’s own Proslide Technology Inc. in Ottawa. The ride system was awarded “Best New Water Park Ride” by IAAPA (International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions) in 2010!
Please Note: Riders must be a minimum of 48" tall and the maximum weight limit for this attraction is 250 lbs.
Guests must be 48" tall in bare feet to ride.
Rider Safety Information
- Min Height
- A thrilling tube slide that takes riders through both open-air and darkened enclosed flumes, along with giant oscillating funnels. Once momentum subsides in each funnel, the ride continues onwards before finishing in an 18" (46 cm) depth runout. Riders will experience high speeds, weightlessness, and rapidly changing forces and direction.
- Maximum weight is 250 lb. per rider.
- Guests must be seated in a tube, facing forward, and firmly grasping the handles throughout the ride.
- Guests must have a minimum of three functioning extremities.
- Guests with a cervical collar, neck brace, broken collar bone, full arm cast, braced arm cast, or full leg cast are not permitted to ride.
- Guests use an inner tube that can accommodate one rider each.
- Access to the attraction requires climbing several flights of stairs with a tube. Guests will have to ascend the slide tower and be capable of safely entering the tube, on their own or with the assistance of a companion.
- NOTE: A red light/green light scale is used at this attraction. Guests who exceed the weight requirements will not be permitted to ride.
- Visit our Guest Assistance Guide for additional accessibility information.