Be exhilarated by Yukon Striker's epic journey high above the park's skyline where you'll hang over a 90-degree drop for three breathtaking seconds, staring 245 feet down into an underwater tunnel. Then suddenly you dive, reaching speeds of 130 km/h and soaring through four dynamic inversions, including a complete 360-degree loop – the only one of its kind for a dive coaster. Be prepared for the ride of a lifetime!
Yukon Striker: The Story
It’s 1897 and a flood of men and women are venturing into the untamed wilderness of northwestern Canada, fueled by little more than rumour of limitless gold. The headwaters of the Yukon spread beyond an unforgiving landscape, tempting newcomers with the promise of riches that lay buried in ice-cold riverbeds throughout the Klondike.
Most prospectors are doomed to fail. The journey is treacherous along the Chilkoot Trail, a steep and punishing climb high into the coastal mountain range. The seasons are extreme and the backcountry, for all its raw beauty, is unyielding.
Among the lawless boom towns and outposts, only a few will succeed in this quest for glory. A Golden Eagle soars high on the winds watching the perilous hunt. Who will endure the longest journey? Who will conquer the tallest mountain pass, the treacherous terrain, and rise worthy of the name YUKON STRIKER….
Designed by: Bolliger & Mabillard
Coaster type: Dive
Height of drop: 245 feet (75 metres) *includes underground tunnel
Top Speed: 130 km/h (80 mph)
Length: 3,625 feet (1,105 metres)
Duration: 3 minutes, 25 seconds
Riders per Train: 24
1. The fastest dive coaster at 130 km/h (80 mph)
2. The longest dive coaster at 3,625 feet (1,105 metres)
3. Tallest dive coaster at 245 feet (75 metres) - includes underground
Floorless, stadium seating for enhanced visibility with 3 rows of 8 riders
‘Hold and dive’ element pauses train for 3 seconds over 90-degree drop into an underwater tunnel
Complete 360-degree loop, never before seen on a dive coaster
Rider Safety Information
- Min Height
- Max Height
- A high-speed, floorless looping dive roller coaster which turns riders upside down four times. Riders will experience weightlessness and rapid movements from side to side.
- A shoulder harness with a between-the-legs safety belt secures each rider over the head and across the chest.
- Due to the nature of the restraint, this ride may not accommodate guests of a larger size. A test seat is located at the ride entrance which can be used to ensure proper fit and comfort prior to waiting in line.
- Guests must have a minimum of three functioning extremities that includes one functioning arm with a hand.
- Two functioning arms are sufficient instead of three functioning extremities if the guest has a normal centre of gravity and lower extremities are sufficiently strong to maintain proper riding posture under the dynamic conditions of the ride.
- Amputations must be below the knee. Guests with a cervical collar, neck brace, or broken collar bone are not permitted to ride.
- Casts are not permitted on this ride.
- Alternatively, guests with certain amputations may be able to ride with the use of a separate full body harness provided the guest has remaining residual limbs to be secured by the harness. Guests should check with Guest Services to determine if they are eligible to ride using the full body harness. Guests with any upper extremity prosthesis must ensure the device is properly secured or removed prior to riding. Leg prosthetics are not permitted.
- Ambulatory access via entrance and wheelchair access via ride exit to the right. Riders will have to take several steps, on their own or with the assistance of a companion, and be capable of elevating themselves up into the seat.
- Please do not use the ride restraints for support while entering and exiting, as they will shift.
- WARNING: This ride contains strobe lighting.
- WARNING: This ride utilizes magnetic systems during the ride.
- Visit our Guest Assistance Guide for additional accessibility information.