Waterpark Information and Guidelines
We look forward to your visit to Splash Works! Splash Works is Canada’s Wonderland’s premier water park and is included with all park tickets and Season Passes. Our goal is for you to have a safe and enjoyable visit. This page will provide you with relevant information to make the most of your day at Splash Works.
If you have any additional questions regarding your visit to Splash Works, we would love to help! Contact Us.
We look forward to seeing you at Splash Works!
To participate in water park attractions, appropriate swimwear is required. Here are some recommendations to help you plan your visit:
- Appropriate swimwear is required. Thongs and transparent clothing are not permitted. We reserve the right to determine the appropriateness of swimwear.
- Guests wearing bathing attire with metal buttons, rivets, zippers, or snaps will not be permitted to ride Lakeside Lagoon - Slides, Muskoka Plunge, or Splash Station Slides.
- Footwear is not permitted on Splash Works attractions. Aqua socks and aquatic style footwear are permitted on Lazy River, Riptide Racer, Super Soaker, and The Plunge.
- Guests requiring special accommodation should speak to a member of the Aquatics management team. Specifically designed attire made out of lycra or nylon type materials will be considered. Due to attraction manufacturer requirements, some riding restrictions may apply.
- All guests who require a diaper are required to wear a swim diaper or a diaper specifically designed for aquatic use.
- When exiting Splash Works, shirts, shorts, and shoes are required.
If you do not have appropriate swimwear, swimsuits and other aquatic gear can be purchased at Splash Surf Shop.
Splash Works Rules
To ensure the safest experience for all guests during their visit, the following rules are in effect. We appreciate your cooperation in this regard.
- Attractions may have specific height, weight, and safety requirements. Please refer to the Safety Guide sign posted at each attraction to make an informed decision as to whether the attraction is right for you.
- Please refrain from running, horseplay, and other boisterous activities.
- Glassware and similar material with a tendency to shatter on impact are not permitted in Splash Works.
- For safety reasons, diving is not permitted at any attraction.
- Splash Works and Canada’s Wonderland is a smoke-free environment. Smoking is only permitted in designated smoking areas.
- Keep an eye on your young children. Children should not be left unattended at any time.
- Please secure all loose articles, including hats, glasses, and jewelry when riding. Cameras, cell phones and video recording devices may not be used on any slide or in any changing area or restroom.
- Water toys, whistles, and inflatable assists are not permitted.
- Masks and snorkels are not permitted at any water attraction.
- Hearing devices or any other electronic devices may be damaged by water. Please take the necessary steps to protect such items.
- According to crowd size, time at the water attractions and access to Splash Works may be limited.
- Please note that tents, beach umbrellas and shade structures are not permitted inside Splash Works. Guests may make use of the permanent umbrellas or shaded areas provided by the Park or they are welcome to rent one of the Park Cabanas.
Our Aquatics staff is here to ensure that you have a safe and pleasant visit. First aid staff and water park supervisors are available throughout the area should you have any questions or need assistance. Please follow all lifeguard rules and instructions, but do not talk to or distract lifeguards while they are on duty.
In an effort to provide a safe and enjoyable water park experience for our guests, Splash Works routinely utilizes training exercises to improve our lifeguards’ skills and vigilance. These exercises will occur during normal operating hours and may consist of the following: submersible water mannequins, the use of video surveillance equipment, internal and external audits, active/inactive water rescues and/or first aid scenarios.
Splash Works provides a full day of fun in the sun! To make the most of your day, be sure to drink plenty of water in order to avoid heat exhaustion. Drinking fountains are located near each restroom. Don’t forget to apply sunscreen frequently throughout the day. If you happen to forget your sunscreen, Splash Surf Shop and various merchandise locations throughout the Park have a variety of sunscreens and sundries available for purchase.
Lifejackets are available for use throughout Splash Works. Lifejackets are complimentary and are available to any guest wishing to use one. Children, first-time swimmers, and weaker swimmers are encouraged to wear a lifejacket. Lifejackets are available for all guests needing special consideration. Some attractions require children below a specific height to wear a lifejacket before participating in the attraction. Aquatics staff and lifeguards reserve the right to impose the use of lifejackets as needed. For specific attraction requirements, please check out our Rider Assistance Guide. Guests are permitted to wear their own lifejacket; however it must be Coast Guard certified.
PLEASE NOTE: As of July 1, 2018 the regulations under the Health Protection and Promotion act have been updated by the Ontario Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care. The regulation now states:
Every owner and every operator of a Class A pool shall ensure that there is a process in place to ensure a guardian or designated person supervises children under 10 years of age. The process must include a swimming competency test and a method of communicating the requirements of the process. O. Reg. 494/17, s. 13 (10).
As there isn’t an opportunity to determine swimming competency in the waterpark environment, we will be requiring that all users under 48” in height or under 10 years of age wear a lifejacket/PFD in both White Water Bay and the Lazy River. Lifejackets are available throughout the waterpark on a first-come, first-serve basis. Guests are able to use their own lifejackets as long as they are Transport Canada, Oceans and Fisheries Canada, or Canadian Coast Guard approved.
The First Aid Station is located next to the Splash Works entry gate. If you need any assistance during your visit, do not hesitate to stop by the First Aid Station, or notify the nearest lifeguard. Our team would be glad to assist.
Upon arriving, we recommend selecting a meeting place such as the First Aid Station, in the event you or your child becomes lost or separated from your party. In the unlikely event that your child becomes separated, please alert an associate. Public address pages cannot be broadcast inside Splash Works.
Lost & Found
If you happen to lose an item or leave an item behind while visiting, please drop by the First Aid Station during regular operating hours. After hours, please visit Guest Services located at the Front Gate.
Splash Works is committed to providing all of our guests with an enjoyable visit. Guests with disabilities are encouraged to visit our Guests With Disabilities page for detailed information on the requirements of each attraction, along with the programs that Canada’s Wonderland and Splash Works offer.
A water wheelchair is available for guests requiring additional assistance when at Lazy River or White Water Bay. The water wheelchair may be used by multiple guests on the same day. During your visit, please speak to a member of our Aquatics management team to obtain access to the water wheelchair and for further accessibility information.
For your convenience, lockers are located in between the Splash Works entry gates. Various locker sizes are available for all of your personal belongings. Locker rentals are automated and can be paid using cash, and credit cards. Debit cards cannot be used at this time. The lockers work with electronic pin codes and will allow unlimited access throughout the day. Locker access is available until both Splash Works and Canada’s Wonderland are closed for the evening. Canada’s Wonderland cannot be held responsible for lost or stolen items.
Relax and enjoy the privacy of your own wave side cabana. A limited number of exclusive cabanas are available each day and often sell out. For more information and to reserve your cabana, please visit our Cabanas page.
Inner tubes are available free of charge at each attraction that requires a tube in order to ride. Inner tubes must remain at the attraction after riding.
Tents and Umbrellas
Please note that tents, beach umbrellas and shade structures are not permitted inside Splash Works. Guests may make use of the permanent umbrellas or shaded areas provided by the Park or they are welcome to rent one of the Park Cabanas