The Antique Carrousel is almost a century old and features 64 original hand-carved horses; the lead horse’s name is Caesar. There are 24 stationary horses, 42 jumpers, and two chariots.
Climb onto one of our 64 original hand-carved Carrousel horses or chariots that has been an icon from the Park’s opening day on May 23, 2981. This piece of history was manufactured in 1928 by the Philadelphia Toboggan Company and was originally located at Palisades Park in New Jersey. In 1972, Canada’s Wonderland purchased the Carrousel from Palisades Amusement Park and placed it into storage awaiting the construction and opening of its new home, Canada’s Wonderland. As the park opened its gates to the public for the first time, the “Antique Carrousel” was introduced and quickly became a family favourite. Kids and adults of all ages love this slow paced, century old family ride and will continue to bring joy to everyone who rides.
Guests must be 46" tall to ride alone OR be accompanied by a supervising companion. Hand-held infants are permitted in chariot seating. Service animals are welcome.
Ride Safety Information
- A classic carrousel with both stationary and jumper horses, as well as two chariots.
- Hand-held infants are permitted in chariot seating.
- Service animals are welcome.
- Due to the inherent nature of this ride, guests must have the ability to straddle the ride unit. Guests unable to straddle the ride unit must ride in a chariot.
- Guests must have at least one functioning arm. Guests must also have the ability to enter and exit the ride safely, maintain seated postural control, have an appropriate centre of gravity, and demonstrate appropriate observed behaviour. Guests who do not meet these requirements must ride in a chariot and be accompanied by a supervising companion.
- Guests with a full leg cast must ride in a chariot.
- Alternate access is available at the ride exit to the right. Riders will have to take several steps, on their own or with the assistance of a companion, and be capable of stepping up into the ride unit.
- Visit our Guest Assistance Guide for additional accessibility information.