Canada’s Wonderland to Host Month-Long Birthday Party for Canada
Fireworks on July 1st highlight opening weekend of Celebration Canada event
Vaughan, ON (June 25, 2018) – Canada’s Wonderland is hosting a month–long party with Celebration Canada from June 30 to July 31, featuring exciting Canadian-themed shows, food and entertainment for the whole family. The non-stop fun includes a spectacular firework display on July 1st, and performances by the West Coast Lumberjacks, Cirque Canadien, Flying Frontenacs, Great Canadian Fiddle Show and more.
Arthur’s Baye in Medieval Faire will transform into Celebration Plaza, where guests will find a wide range of live music, delicious Canadian cuisine, street performers and live entertainment, all free with park admission:
- West Coast Lumberjacks: These internationally-known lumberjacks will showcase their skills as they compete in axe throwing, log rolling, tower climbing, chainsaw carving and more.
- Craz-E-Crew Stunt Team: The adrenaline will be pumping as these Canadian thrill-seekers perform extreme tricks on BMX bikes and skateboards on a half-pipe overlooking Arthur’s Baye.
- Flying Frontenacs Stunt and Dive Show: The Flying Frontenacs will dive off a 70ft (21m) platform and showcase their athleticism on trampolines with incredible flips, turns and dives.
- Cirque Canadien: Guests will be mesmerized by a magical performance of acrobats and aerial artists as they take you on a journey through the seasons of Canada.
- Starlight: Northern Reflections: This night-time spectacle celebrates the natural beauty of Canada through a stunning display of lights, music, lasers and water effects, set to the backdrop of 3D projections on Wonder Mountain.
- The Great Canadian Fiddle Show: Join in on the fun with this energetic show celebrating Canadian fiddle music and step dance.
- White Pine Dancers: Experience First Nations History through vibrant performances of song and dance including traditional thundering drums.
- Earth Rangers: Join the Earth Rangers for a live animal show and learn how to protect animals and the environment.
- Fireworks: Ring in Canada Day with some of the best fireworks in the Toronto area, featuring a unique design set to an original soundtrack and more than 6,000 colourful explosions.
Canada’s Wonderland will also be offering complimentary admission to all active and retired personnel of the Canadian Armed Forces from Friday, June 29 through Monday, July 2.
For more park information including events, tickets and hours of operation, visit http://www.canadaswonderland.com/
About Canada’s Wonderland
Canada’s Wonderland, located in Vaughan, Ontario (just outside Toronto), is a 300-acre theme park with more than 200 attractions including 16 rollercoasters, and is the home to Splash Works, a 20-acre water park. Canada’s Wonderland is owned and operated by Cedar Fair Entertainment Company (NYSE: FUN), a publicly traded partnership and one of the largest regional amusement-resort operators in the world. The Company owns and operates 11 amusement parks, two outdoor water parks, one indoor water park and four hotels. For more information, see www.cedarfair.com.
To book a media crew for July 1 Fireworks, please make arrangements in advance with:
Grace Peacock, Director of Communications
For general park inquiries, call Guest Services at 905-832-8131.