10 cool things about the 2021 WinterFest park map
Canada's Wonderland has unveiled the new WinterFest map, just days ahead of the event's opening on Nov. 13. If you're planning on attending, check it out online in advance of your visit to plan your route and make sure you fit in all the amazing live performances.
Here's 10 cool things to look for on the new 2021 map:
- The expanded North Pole area: WinterFest is bigger than ever this year with a larger footprint thanks to this expanded themed section. Here you'll find Pics with St. Nick, the Holiday Dining Hall, a new stage for Jingle Jazz and Holly Jolley Trolly, two new bars: Ice Wine Garden and The Jingle Bar, and a new show with The Tannenbaums!
- Northern Starlight: This is a photo op and light experience you won't want to miss. Northern Starlight is our 100-foot-long coloured LED tunnel that will make you feel like you're enveloped by stars.
- Snow Flake Lake: Our main thoroughfare with Wonder Mountain as backdrop is once again home to Snow Flake Lake ice rink. Book a skate session online in advance and enjoy gliding along in this picturesque setting.
- Tree Lighting Ceremony: International Street is also home to our nightly Tree Lighting Ceremony which takes place promptly at 5:30pm - don't miss this song and dance spectacular with an illuminating finale!
- All the holiday stores: Each of our park stores is being transformed for WinterFest with new names and fantastic, festive merchandise, snacks and sweets: The Mistletoe, Yuletide Gift Boutique, Northern Lights, Peanuts Holiday Gifts, Stocking Stuffers, Sugar Plum Sweets and North Pole Mercantile.
- The Christmas Market: Come see these exceptional artisans and craft vendors offering wonderful gifts for that special person on your holiday shopping list.
- All the live shows: From the holiday pop favourites of Cool Yule to The MistleTones' cheery, close-harmonies and old-fashioned carollers, WinterFest has no shortage of feel-good holiday entertainment lined up for you on your visit.
- Fun experiences and activities: WinterFest will be a trip to remember, especially with fun activities like decorating cookies with Mrs Claus, meeting our WinterFest and Peanuts characters, taking a stroll through our Dancing Lights or the Northern Starlight Tunnel, and writing letters to Santa at the North Pole Post Office.
- Rides: WinterFest will feature 21 family rides this year, so grab your friends or family for a spin on your favourites.
- Food: In coming days we'll be releasing our specialty WinterFest menu with all sorts of savory dishes and delectable treats. Find them at our holiday venues and bars, including new ones Crepes & Maple Taffy (International Street), The Bread Bowl (International Street) and Milk & Cookies (Elf Village).