Who said school was boring? A trip to Canada’s Wonderland can not only be thrilling, but also educational! Canada’s Wonderland’s Scare School is an exclusive opportunity for drama teachers and their students to learn, see, and ask questions about absolutely everything that goes into the production of our annual Halloween Haunt event.
This year, we welcomed three schools to Scare School 2017: St. Joseph-Scollard Hall CSS Dramatic Arts Department, Westminster Secondary School and Owen Sound District Secondary School. The program last Friday began with an informative seminar given by Danusia Rogacki, Area Manager - Technical and Events Services. If there is anyone who knows the ins and outs of this highly-detailed event and its production process, it’s her! Danusia has been one of our brilliant brains behind-the-scenes of Halloween Haunt for many seasons.
The Scare School Seminar provides detailed insight into the following:
- Background and education of the Technical and Events Services team members.
- The ideation, inspiration and selection process of certain Halloween Haunt mazes.
- The time, cost, and constraints associated with producing these large attractions.
- How theme, costumes and makeup influence the design and production of the attractions.
- The process of creating detailed props and décor for each of the mazes.
- And more!
After the seminar, the students were provided a peek into how monsters and performers get made-up for Halloween Haunt. Canada’s Wonderland has professional makeup artists who come in specifically for our annual event, including Rachael, an SFX Makeup Artist who has been with us for 11 years. Here, students are welcome to watch as they illustrate different techniques to create certain characters, including the use of air brush machines.
Finally, participants receive a private tour of a select Halloween Haunt maze. This year, they were taken through Spirit Manor by Michael Daneluzzi, Senior Operations Supervisor. It is a rare opportunity for the mazes to be open for private tours when Halloween Haunt is underway, so here Michael was able to walk them through the attraction explaining the production process without the fear of being frightened!
The entire Scare School package includes:
- Scare School Seminar and behind-the-scenes tour of a Halloween Haunt maze.
- All-You-Can-Eat Marketplace Buffet (Includes assorted gourmet pizza, hamburgers, cheeseburgers, hot dogs, assorted salad bar, soup of the day, taco station, pasta station, coffee/tea, Coke Freestyle, and desserts).
- Early access to select Halloween Haunt mazes.
- Access to Halloween Haunt and your favourite thrilling rides.
Questions? Please contact email@example.com.
Post a Comment
Everything You Need To See & Do At KidZfest
What Do the Toronto Blue Jays and Canada’s Wonderland Have in Common?
Fall In Love With Canada’s Wonderland For The First Time… Again!
Tips For Planning A Visit To Canada’s Wonderland Splash Works
Ultimate Thrills Circus at Canada's Wonderland
Your Celebration Canada 150 Checklist
Our Visit to Canada's Wonderland!
Family Fun at Splash Works Waterpark at Canada's Wonderland
Quiz: Which Canada’s Wonderland Ride Are You?
Always Fun For The Whole Family At Canada's Wonderland